Breast Augmentation and Plastic Surgery
Accentuating the shape and curve of the body is something many women seek, which is why body contouring procedures are the most popular surgical procedures in the United States today.
Of these procedures, breast augmentation surgery is the most sought after, enhancing the shape of a woman’s breast to fit the aesthetic she wants. At Masterpiece Aesthetics & Surgical Arts, we provide an excellent breast augmentation procedure, led by our medical director, Dr. Troell.
What Is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast augmentation surgery is designed to enhance the size and shape of the breast to improve the appearance of a woman’s body. Many women seek out this procedure for a variety of reasons, including:
- To enhance the breasts of a woman who feels that hers are too small
- To correct any reductions in breast volume after pregnancy or weight loss
- To balance breasts of different shapes or sizes
- To reconstruct the breasts following breast surgery
Breast Augmentation Options
When it comes to breast augmentation surgery, patients have several choices, including the location of the incision, the placement of their implants and the composition of their implants.
When it comes to the selection of implant composition, there are several types of implants currently available. The most popular of these include the following:
- Saline: This type of implant is made of a silicone rubber implant filled with saline solution. Though still popular, this type of implant is used with less frequency now due to the availability of silicone implants. The benefit of this type of implant is that if it ruptures, the fluid is absorbed by the body. However, this type of implant feels and looks less natural, and has a higher chance of rippling at the edges.
- Silicone: Silicone breast implants tend to be more preferred than saline due to their distinct advantages, like a more natural feel and appearance, reduced risk of rippling and reduced risk of capsular contraction. Dr. Troell even uses a specific technique, called the Keller Funnel, during silicone implant placement to reduce the risk of infection and scarring while reducing the size of the incision and time of the surgery.
Under certain conditions, like reconstructive surgery, natural breast augmentation can be used as an alternative to synthetic implants. Natural breast augmentation uses autologous fat transfer (ATF) techniques to graft fat from one area of the body to the breast, using platelet rich plasma and stem cells to improve the survival of the grafted cells. This results in fewer complications as well as a more natural breast appearance.
When it comes to the location of an incision, the patient can choose:
- The Inframammary Crease: This is the crease below the breast, which allows the scar to be hidden in most situations.
- A Peri-Areolar Placement: This is when the scar is around the areola. This placement makes the scar even less visible, though it can change the appearance of the areola.
- A Transaxillary Placement: This means the incision is placed under the armpit. Again, in most situations, this allows the scar to remain out of sight.
- A Transumbilical Placement: This means the scar is located at the superior belly button. While the scar itself might be more visible for a time, its distance from the breasts often makes it less noticeable overall.
Patients can also choose the placement of their implant in their body. They can choose one of two options:
- Subpectoral: This means the implant is placed "under the chest muscle." Though this is a more invasive variation, it often results in a more natural look.
- Subglandular: This means the implant is placed "under the gland," or directly under the breast tissue. This results in a slightly perkier look.
The placement and volume of implants will vary based on the desired result and even the lifestyle of the client. But don’t worry. Once healed, breast implants interfere only minimally with mammograms, athletics and other activities.
About the Procedure
Breast augmentation surgery, specifically the procedure used by Dr. Troell, uses a technique that optimizes results while minimizing complications. The technique includes the following steps:
- Breast Design: Before undergoing the procedure, the patient and doctor discuss the goals of the surgery and the expectations of the patient. At this time, the doctor explains the potential realistic results, based on the structure of the patient’s chest and their medical history. This allows both the doctor and patient to know exactly what to expect.
- Anesthesia: On the day of the surgery, the doctor uses a combination of adrenaline and anesthetic to minimize bleeding and pain during the procedure, while also minimizing the potential for scarring after the surgery has concluded. During the procedure, the doctor also uses sterile techniques to minimize the risk of infection and scarring.
- Placing Implants and Sutures: Once anesthetized, the doctor performs the surgery, putting the implants in place. They then close up the incision using the sutures placed before the implant, lowering the risk of infection and minimizing the potential for scarring.
Why Choose Masterpiece MD?
Dr. Troell has extensive experience with breast augmentation surgery and is even in the process of completing a study that evaluates the effect of CO2 laser skin resurfacing to the breast implant incision. He’s found that laser skin resurfacing within the first 4-6 weeks after surgery improves the incision appearance. The addition of "scar gels" also has been shown to improve the appearance of the breast implant incision.
Contact Masterpiece MD for Your Free Consultation
Are you looking for a boob job surgeon in Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa or Irvine, California? Please feel free to call us at Masterpiece MD in Corona Del Mar/Newport Beach, CA (949) 870-2688. Click here for your free private consultation or appointment.
Dr Troell - Fat Grafting Interview
Puregraft 250 For Aesthetic Body Contouring
Before and After Breast Augmentation / Breast Enlargement Photos:
Contact Masterpiece MD for Your Free Consultation:Please feel free to call us at Masterpiece M.D. in Corona Del Mar/Newport Beach, CA (949) 870-2688. Click here for your free private consultation or appointment