Dr. Robert Troell, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Corona Del Mar/Newport Beach, California
Don’t Let The Name SCARE You! Youthful skin outcome, short duration procedure & rapid recovery.... the excellent alternative to more invasive cosmetic surgery.
We all desire radiant, skin with a smooth, youthful presence. Utilizing a Vampire facelift provides a new approach to repairing the telltale signs of damaged, aged skin. As the aging process continues to attack your beauty by the loss of volume, wrinkles, droopy sallow skin tone and a old appearance you are certainly a viable candidate for the benefits that the Vampire facelift provide through the PRP growth factors
Sun-damage, smoking and aging alters the consistency and appearance of your skin creating unwanted manifestations. The most visible element of the Vampire Facelift is the revival of the shape of your skin. Water volume decreases with age and sun exposure under the skin's surface, fillers increase the skin cells' ability to bind with water and the result is slower collagen and elastin production and deep wrinkle appearance as the face loses volume and structure. Fillers yield a fuller, smoother appearance by increasing hydration, collagen and elastin production.
Steps in the Vampire (Ageless) Facial and Vampire (Ageless) FaceLift?
- Microdermabrasion- removes the outer water proof skin layer known as the stratum corneum
- Hydrafacial to hydrate the skin can be added, which improves absorption of the platelet rich plasma (PRP)
- Dermal Needling using the MicroPen creates a temporary (15-20 minutes) opening in the water proofing of the skin. Implementing these first three steps to optimize PRP absorption, prior to either placement of the PRP topically (Facial) or intradermal injection (facelift) creates a better outcome.
- Dermal filler placement, usually with a blunt tip cannula under the dermis, DermaSculpt cannulas can rejuvenate volume loss to the face
- The final step is the topical placement of the Platelet Rich Plasma or the intradermal injection of the PRP. Oftern a moisturizer is applied onto the PRP prior to going home.
The entire process takes about one hour to one hour and a half. The procedure is more comfortable be applying a topical lidocaine and tetracaine solution for 30 minutes prior to the dermal needling, best after the hydrafacial.
Dr. Troell is performing the first objective scientific study in the US looking at outcome measures:
- Skin elasticity is measured with a minute suction cup called an elastometer that quantitates the amount of skin elasticity present
- Enhanced Image Pro (Emage) device evaluates objectives the following skin characteristics: wrinkles, pigmentation, tone, pore size, poryphyrins (blood vessels) and sebum
- Skin biopsies for both skin thickness as well as collagen and elastin fiber production
- Photographic documentation of the youthful aesthetic changes
Indications for a Vampire Facial and FaceLift?
- fine and coarse facial lines
- diminishing skin elasticity
- thinning of the dermis
- improve the appearance of surgical scars and acne scarring
Upper and lower lip thinning are also signs of aging. Dr. Troell can harvest your own fat and transfer the fat to the areas of volume loss for a permanent volume improvement, instead of the use of dermal fillers for the volume replacement.
Should you be seeking to improve the look, texture and color of your skin as well as smooth those pesky fine lines and wrinkles the Vampire FaceLift is an ideal treatment for you. It also provides additional benefits such as the growth of your own collagen, improvement in skin clarity and tone as well as regaining a smoother, younger looking appearance of your skin.
How does the Vampire Facelift work?
Repair and strengthening of your skin with blood derived growth factors. Growth Factors are the building blocks of beautiful skin as they revive, shape, and repair and strengthen skin!
- the same amount of blood is drawn as in a standard lab test
- the blood is placed into a centrifuge, and spun at a rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
- 3rd, the platelet rich plasma or PRP is activated to release at least 8 essential growth factors.
Anesthesia adjuvant therapies to make patients more comfortable include facial nerve blocks, each injection into each sensory nerve of the face (trigeminal nerve) with one millimeter (1/5 tsp) of local anesthetic. Also, some patients prefer oral sedation with Ativan (lorazepam), similar to valium, and a narcotic analgesic, hydrocodone (norco, vicodin, lortab) to relax. The Vampire Lift procedure causes minimal discomfort with few patients needing pain medications after the procedure.
How is the Vampire procedure performed?
The specific patented polymer to concentrate the platelets and growth factors is the finest on the Market.
From Mazzucco, L., V. Balbo, et al. (2008). “Platelet-rich plasma and platelet gel preparation using Plateltex.” Vox Sang 94(3): 202-208.
What is a Vampire FaceLift like?
The Vampire FaceLift is similar to the procedure of administering a dermal filler treatment, which is a minimally invasive procedure. The procedure begins by drawing from the patient a
vial of blood. The blood is placed in a centrifuge and spun at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood. The platelets are then actuated by
Calcium, generating your very own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP).
After dispensing the dermal filler, Dr Troell uses the smallest needle available (30 g) to facilitate the PRP under your skin to fill the soft tissue of the dermis. A “Global Facial
Injection Technique” can be engaged that reaches all the facial areas. This process adds volume, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and the appearance of the nasolabial folds, improves the
skin’s appearance and stimulates the production of collagen, with negligible downtime.
What are the benefits of the Vampire FaceLift?
When combining either dermal fillers, like Juvederm, or your own fat and stem cells with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), the effects of the treatment are visibly enhanced. Not only does
the PRP trigger an increase in volume, the PRP contains at least 8 growth factors that will, over a period of time, continually work as a revitalizing instrument.
By galvanizing these growth factors:
- The color of your skin progresses and looks youthful, because of the new blood vessel development.
- New collagen creation in the dermis lifts the face back to a more vigorous shape.
- A new dermis begins to develop; causing the epidermis (the outer most layers of your skin) to appear silkier.
From Mazzucco, L., V. Balbo, et al. (2009). “Not every PRP-gel is born equal. Evaluation of growth factor availability for tissues through four PRP-gel preparations: Fibrinet, RegenPRP-Kit, Plateltex and one manual procedure.” Vox Sang 97(2): 110-118.
For more information or to schedule your complimentary consultation contact us today!Please feel free to call us at Masterpiece M.D. in Corona Del Mar/Newport Beach, CA (949) 870-2688.
Masterpiece M.D.2801 East Coast Highway
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
P: (949) 870-2688